Monday, January 12, 2009

Can I do this?

My husband has been after me for the longest while to start a blog. He thinks I write well, and people will enjoy my quirky sense of humor. That remains to be seen, but I figured I'd finally give it a try. Most folk seem to use blogging as an outlet for their thoughts, and heaven knows I got a LOT of thoughts ... maybe it's about time I stopped talking to myself, and share them with the world. A kind of scary thought since I'm rather an introvert. Maybe I should start by introducing myself... ( and using the word "thought" a little less LOL)

Becki is a nickname. Now, while I don't have a split personality, Becki is my "bold" face... the persona I put on when I want to be daring or outrageous. Becki is a trip, the life of the party, not much she won't do, a dare she won't take - illegal or immoral, doesn't really matter or rather, it didn't. I'm starting to grow up now (I'm 39 this year), so the illegal and immoral stuff requires a lot of extra reflection :) That's the face I'm choosing to use here in cyberspace for now, cuz this is a risk for me... putting a piece of myself out there for all to see.


A bit more about me... I've got an odd sense of humor, caustic wit I guess you could say. I tend to speak my mind. Oh, sarcasm is an art form for me. Well my whole extended family really. I'm trying really hard to curb that, because it makes my work day longer. People say the darnedest things, and there I am trying not to sever my tongue from biting it because I don't want to get fired. Must be the reason I'm not a supervisor yet. Ah well, some things can't be helped I guess.

I love to write, am finally starting to work towards writing for pleasure, and hey, for cash wouldn't be a bad thing, I don't watch a lot of T.V., but I have a few faves. I love Amazing Race - never thought I would, but after seeing Season 10, I had to go back and watch them all. I'm a fan of American Idol, and do NOT interrupt me when I'm watching General Hospital. Especially this week, since some chicken headed woman sabotaged Spinelli and got him arrested by the FBI. OK, she was an undercover FBI agent, and what Spin did was illegal, but Damien Spinelli is an absolute sweetheart, and we all adore him. See, don't get me started. Maybe I'll decide to blog on GH, I could go on for hours about it, kind of like my best friend does about Guild Wars. Oh yeah, I'm also a gamer. Yes, at 39, I probably should have grown out of it, but since I only started 3 years ago or so, I got time.

So there you have it, a glimpse of me. It's a start, for a first blog. Maybe I'll try my hand at it again in the near future. And if I do, remember, I'll save a spot on Becki's bench just for you. We can chat about the wonder of God's creation, rewrite situations so that we give some git an extra special piece of our mind, or just sit and have a good laugh (which between you and me, is the most likely scenario).

Until next time,
Becki.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty good for a first timer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you girl. Your husband is right. If you have the desire and the talent then, GO FOR IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been a big fan of Becki witticisms. I'm glad I didn't have to wait for the book version of your life to come out. I'm old, I might not be around that long. So as far as your blogging goes, as Oliver Twist said: "Please sir, I want some more". Well, change that to "mam", but you get the picture.

    ReplyDelete